Saturday 4 December 2010

I got news !!!

So i was supposed to be blogging over the last month but i didn't !!!!
WHY?
Because i have retired from snowboarding (finally ha ha ha)
It is time for this old dawg to hang his boots up and move on.
I am now the snow Team Manager for Quiksilver Europe.
First i got to say a huge thanks to everyone who has helped me out along the way. It was the best times of my life , and if it was not for all of you this would not have been the ride that it was so again thanks.
Also to my sponsors who kept the dream alive you were awesome and i loved every min i rode for you all.
I am so happy i will still be part of the snowboard industry, i love snowboarding its my life and i cant wait to embark on this new adventure.
It really kicked in today when i skyped the boy's back in the valley (i missed opening day) and i saw there faces after a banging day shredding , but i did put a massif smile on my face when i saw how stoked they were and that is what its all about .........................
Enjoy the winter where ever you are (even in edinburgh)
My bro and his pals were up hilled (the dryslope) getting some turns and enjoying the pow just 5 mins from my home !

ps thats a Vernon Deck shot hope you don't mind V :)

2 comments:

  1. Know how you enjoy snowboarding, love it and feel the pasion in it, gues it was a hard decission but a good step greener still beeing part in the snowboard industry and trying to live on with it on a diffrent way.
    Congratulation to your deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were and still are one of the guys i looked up to 15 years ago when i started riding bud! I remember being 12 and my parents driving 6 hours each way from Isle of Skye to Hillend most weekends so i could snowboard and remember seeing you up there pretty much every time. You have given me advice over the years, especially a few years back when I was living in SO Cal, riding big Bear doing the Volcom contests and i really appreciate that. I hope to still see you about and wish you all the best with TM at Quiksilver! Think you do a great job and thanks for being such a good role model, both for snowboarding and for Scotsmen!

    your a lege

    Martin

    ReplyDelete